Being in great shape has become an adage for the new age and is considered a sign of supreme fitness. However, there are many who struggle with their body fat issues and belly fat is the most common of such problems. Belly fat is typically the excess abdominal fat in the vicinity of the organs in your stomach.
The fats are classified into 3 main classes , namely , the triglycerides , subcutaneous fat and the visceral fat or the dangerous belly fat. It is considered highly dangerous as it not just sits around your waist , it goes on to produce excess hormones and undesired chemicals and can lead to Type 2 Diabetes and Colorectal Cancer.
So it is high time if you’re carrying it to begin shedding it. Yoga has been a proven aid in weight reduction and in the ensuing analysis , we discuss 5 Yoga poses recommended for Belly Fat removal. Let’s have a look !
In Sanskrit , Kapal=Skull and Bhanti=Effulgent , meaning the Pranayama for effulgent skull. One of the most recommended Pranayama in Yogic sciences for a variety of diseases and for improving the immunity levels.
1.Place yourself in a comfortable pose.
2.Gently straighten your back and slowly close your eyes.
3.Now gently place your palms on your knees facing upward.
4.Slowly inhale and focus on exhaling with a short, rhythmic and forceful breath. Be careful in this step.
5.You can also use your stomach to forcefully drive out all the air from the diaphragm and lungs by compressing it.
6.Remember that inhalation should happen automatically while you decompress your stomach.
1. Strengthens the digestive system.
2. Boosts your immunity.
3. Helps in reducing belly fat and in bringing the body in great shape.
2.Naukasana or The Boat Pose
In Sanskrit , Nauka=Boat and Asana=Pose , thus the name.
1. Slowly lie on your back with your feet together and arms beside your body in Shavasana.
2.Now take a deep breath in and as you exhale, lift your chest slowly and feet off the ground, carefully stretching your arms towards your feet. Be slow in this step.
3.Be mindful to keep your eyes, fingers and toes should be in a line.
4.Now feel the tension around your navel area as your abdominal muscles contract.
5.Gently keep breathing deeply and comfortably while maintaining the pose.
6.Now as you gently exhale, come back to the ground slowly and relax.
1.Strengthen lower back and stomach muscles.
2. Improves the Digestive System functions.
3. Helps in reducing belly fat and tones the waist.
3. Tadasana or Tree Pose
In Sanskrit , Tada=Tree and Asana=Pose. It is a warm up pose and improves the blood circulation.
1. Firmly stand straight and keep some distance between feet. This is the initial step.
2.Your hands should be hanging along side your body.
3.Now during the deep inhaling raise your both the arms upwards and interlock your fingers. Be careful while doing so.
4.Slowly raise your heels and stand on your toes. Now feel the stretch in your body from foot to fingers of arms.
5.Stay in this position and hold your breath for 5 seconds.
6.Now during exhaling gently release your pose to come to the initial position.
7.You can repeat this cycle for 10 times.
1. Improves your posture.
2. Tones the abdomen and reduces belly fat.
3. Strengthen thighs, knees and ankle.
4. Santolanasana or Plank Pose
In Sanskrit , Santolana=Balance and Asana=Pose.
1.Peacefully sit in Vajrasana pose. Gently stand up on the knees and comfortably place the palms of the hands on the floor just beneath the shoulders.
2. Gently raise your buttocks and straighten your knees.
3. Now slowly move your shoulders forward and carefully drop the buttocks until your body is straight. Your arms should be vertical.
4. Place your focus on a fixed point in front at eye level.
5. Now stay in the final position for a short duration.
6. Gently lower the knees to the floor. Relax in Shashankasana. Repeat up to 5 times.
1.Gives strength to thighs, arms and shoulders.
2. Stimulates the Manipur Chakra.
3. Reduces Belly fat and tones the abdomen.
5. Bhujangasana or Serpent Pose
In Sanskrit , Bhujang=Serpent or Snake and Asana=Pose , thus the name. This is an highly important asana for improving a variety of conditions.
1. Slowly lie down on your stomach and stretch your legs away.
2. Gently place your hands under your shoulders and move your elbows back slowly.
3. Now slowly press your feet and thighs against the floor.
4. Slowly firm up your arms and gently lift your chest upwards, off the floor as you inhale. Slowly press your tailbone toward the pubis.
5. Slowly press your shoulder blades against your back.
6. Stay in the pose for 15-30 seconds. Breathe calmly.
7. Gently return to the initial position as you exhale.
1. Gives tremendous strength to the spine.
2. Gives relief in Stress and Fatigue. One of the Yoga Poses for Migraine Relief
3. Reduces Belly fat by regular practice.
Incorporating the above 5 mentioned potent Yoga poses and Pranayama technique can help in drastically reducing the belly fat and toning the abdomen. Yoga can help you stay in great shape and best of health’s if you sincerely adhere to it.
Working under a qualified instructor initially is a must and should not be begun alone. It is hereby advised that those facing back issues or injuries or nursing a medical condition of any kind should consult their doctors before beginning these exercises. These poses are NOT recommended for Pregnant ladies. Wishing you a great health !