- India has 2.27
million cases with 45,383 deaths and ranked third globally.
- Russia to register world’s first
covid vaccine this week despite warnings.
- Reopening schools too
early could spread COVID-19 even faster – especially in the developing world : World
- Vaccine candidate protects
monkeys from infection in single shot: NATURE report
- The World Health
Organization said there are glimmers of hope in the fight against the
coronavirus, even as global cases from the virus near 20 million and
deaths approach 750,000.
- France extends mask
use as Greece says it is in second wave.
- Over 97,000 kids
in US tested COVID-19 positive in July 2020.
- $100 billion needed to take vaccine to all, not even 10% raised, says WHO.
- WHO asks countries to
join COVAX platform to ensure equitable access.
- Moderna, Pfizer to
include HIV-positive volunteers in Phase 3 trials of COVID-19
- India should have a COVID-19
vaccine by December: Serum Institute CEO Adar Poonawalla.
- In the UK, only
53% people likely to go in for a coronavirus vaccine finds recent study.
- Coronavirus could end
in many countries by 2022:Bill Gates
- Can’t be pressured
to launch coronavirus vaccine, says Bharat Biotech CMD.
- Early-stage coronavirus vaccine trial begins in Singapore.
- A coronavirus vaccine
could be ready before the end of 2020, according to the EU’s top
- Coronavirus: Chances
of COVID vaccine being 98% effective are ‘not great’, expert
- Israel claims ‘excellent
vaccine in hand’, set to start human trials.
- Zydus Cadila’s COVID-19 vaccine found safe in early trial, enters phase
2 study .
- German Covid-19 vaccine
developer CureVac to raise up to $213 mn in US IPO.
- UK scientists develop coronavirus vaccine for immunity:The Associated Press